Registered an account with Bitbucket but not able to logon

wcj365 September 27, 2019

I registered an account on bitbucket but was not able to log on. I then asked to reset my password but never receive the emails even after several attempts. 

This is frustrating. The first time I have this type of issue with registration on any website.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello @wcj365

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

Just to better understand what is the scenario you have, have you signed up for an existing Bitbucket instance with your user or you have signed up for a new bitbucket instance by going through the sign-up site?

Please, follow the steps below to properly troubleshoot it:

- Navigate to https://id.atlassian.net and try to log in. Use the reset password functionality in case it's necessary

- Once you reset your password and properly login in the address above, try to navigate to your Bitbucket site and log in

- After the steps above, you should be able to login if you are the owner of the bitbucket instance

- If you have signed up for an existing BitBucket instance and still not able to login after performing these steps, contact the administrator of the bitbucket instance

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer