Regarding status change

Pramod May 21, 2021

Hi Team,

I have my slack channel integrated to JIRA. I have created many tasks in JIRA and they are reflecting in my slack channel. 

The problem am facing is when I change the status of a task from To-do to Done, it is not reflecting in my slack channel. 

Can anyone please help me with this. Please feel free to call me at +------ or -------

Thank you.

(PII was removed)

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

Hello Pramod and welcome to the Community!

I had to clean up your post as there was PII present, I've since removed those items. As a reminder, Community is a public forum and is available to anyone on the internet.

Glad to hear you're getting Slack and Jira working together. It sounds like you might be missing a step to get updates on your status changes. I would recommend reviewing the following to set up post function notifications to see status changes within Jira present in Slack.

Please see Using Jira applications with Slack | How do I set up Slack post function notifications? 

If you're still having issues with your notifications post configuration, please reach back out and let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Pramod May 26, 2021

I tried but am unable to reflect the list of instructions as am not finding workflow under project settings. Can we have a google meet discussion so that we can screen share and solve the issue. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hello Pramod,

Unfortunately within Community, we keep everything within Community, we don't offer screen sharing (Since Community is public, we want to ensure we help solve your issues and leave an artifact for others to discover if they're experiencing the same problem.)

You're welcome to include screenshots here to help us figure out your issue together. With that said, could you please include a screenshot of what you're seeing within your project setting? For comparison, you should see something similar to this:
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.06.39 AM.png

(Click to enlarge the image)

We look forward to hearing back to figure out what's going on here.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Pramod May 27, 2021

Project settings image.jpg

Pramod May 27, 2021

I am unable to see Workflows under project settings. Can you please advise.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2021

Hello,

Thanks for including your screenshot, I can see where the disconnect is here. You're in a team-managed project vs a company-managed project I referenced. You can still manage your workflows within a team-managed project, it'll just be done differently. We would suggest reviewing the following to see how to Add or remove workflow rules in next-gen projects.

Alternatively, if this doesn't work for you then you may have to create a company-managed project. More information about the two types can be found at What are team-managed and company-managed projects.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Pramod May 28, 2021

So, I need to create a new workflow in team managed project. I reached till this point but how do I integrate the Done status to Slack channel Done status. Can you please guide me the next steps here.

Worflow Rule.jpg

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2021

Hello Pramod,

I believe I made an error in my initial reply, I seem to have included a link to the server version and not the cloud version, sorry about that mistake. Here is the Jira Cloud documentation for the slack integration (This would explain the difference in instructions).

Again, apologies for the mix-up on my end.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Pramod June 11, 2021

Stephen, I went through the articles, but unable to find a solution to my problem. My problem is a change in status from "To-Do" to "Done" in JIRA needs to be reflected in slack. Please check and let me know.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events