Redmine issue Importer - enable control over user import & more control over field mappings

Yen Pham June 12, 2014

After importing a project, unfortunately old users (40+ before we hit our user cap) were auto created inside Jira w/o my input. Now I have to delete a bunch of users :(

Also, it'd be best if we had more control of the field mappings. In Redmine, "sprints" are mapped to "versions" in Jira when they should be mapped to Jira sprints. Redmine "releases" should be mapped to Jira versions.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Yen

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi Yen,

You cannot control the import process of Users in Redmine Importer - always all users are imported to JIRA, so unfortunately you will need to manually remove (or deactivate) unwanted users.

As I recall, "Sprints" and "Releases" are not a standard fileds of Redmine, but it's coming from one of the plugins and we are not planning to support any of the Redmine plugins in the near future - if you think we should, please open an Improvement request under JIM project: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, also let me know if you are facing any other problems with your import process, I'd be more than happy to help you with any of them.

0 votes
Janny Ratner May 20, 2015

As this posting is almost a year old, is it still the case and we can't control  the import process of Users from Redmine to Jira?  We already created users in JIRA and don't want the duplication.

Suggest an answer