Red asterisk missing in transition screen

Damian February 15, 2019

Dear Atlassian Community, 

I've some annoying problem with required fields on a screen during transition.
Unfortunately red asterisk is missing next to all required fields.

The story behind this: I created a new project, where I set everything from a scratch:
- issue type scheme
- workflow
- screen scheme
- fields scheme

Everything is ok within this project, I have red star available next to required fields.

Next we decided that we have to have the same settings in one of our old project. So I switch issue type, workflow, screens and fields
in old project to issue type, workflow, screen and fields from new project.

And here i have a problem. Old project in the same transition screen has the same required fields, but unfortunately red asterisk is missing.
I not sure what is should check if I have the same settings in both projects.

Do you have any idea, what could be miss ?
Thank you in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2019

In the OK project are the fields required at creation time?

The only way to get fields required during a transition is with a plugin flagging them as required in the workflow transition.  The field configuration only controls fields being required at CREATION time.  If you go through the transition and don't enter data in a field you want required do you get an error message saying a field is required?  If you don't get the error the transition isn't requiring the fields. I use the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin to require fields at transition time and it doesn't flag them with the red asterisk. 

Damian February 19, 2019

Hi, 

Thank you for the answer. 

When I go through the transition and don't enter data in fields I get an error massage saying field is required. That works correctly. I just missing red asterisk next to required fields. Becasue of this users have to click first on create, to check which fields are mandatory. 

Below screen shows fields from Project A (OK one). As you can see red start is next to required fields

Project A.PNG

Here you can see fields from project B ( not OK ). Asterisk is missing.

Project B.PNG

Users have to click Create to check which fields are mandatory.

mandatory fields.PNG

Dinesh November 2, 2020

@Damian did you fix the issue with the Asterisk? we are also having the same issue for the transition screens.

Thank you!

0 votes
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2019

Are you sure both projects are using the same Field Configuration Scheme and not just screens?

Damian February 19, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for answer. 

Yes, I'm sure, that I have the same Field Configuration Scheme on both projects. I have scheme New-Story active on Project A and Project B. 

Suggest an answer