Recurring Task - Is there a way to do a mass move of recurring tasks?

Angel December 13, 2019

We have A LOT of recurring tasks set up right now in Jira with a "PS" ticket prefix.  We want to change them to a "PH" prefix.  Is there a way to do a mass move of the recurring tasks or will I need to recreate them all?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

what do you mean by "prefix"? Is this in the Summary field or something and you are trying to change all occurrences of PS to PH? The bulk edit doesn't support this. One thought would be to export them to CSV, change them in Excel and re-import.

Angel December 13, 2019

Hi Jack, by "prefix", I mean the project key (I believe).  So our project board is called Professional Services and our tickets are PS-1234 (etc.)    We are changing to a new board/project and would like the recurring tickets to reflect the new board.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2019

That would be the project key. While it can be changed it will change for all issues in the project. Assuming that is what you want...

project settings > details and change the Key.

note you need to be an admin.

Suggest an answer