Recovering a deleted project

Niv Yehezkel December 5, 2019

We have accidentally deleted a project that we would really wish to recover.

We have discovered it only now where it has been deleted 2 days ago.

Is there a way to recover this somehow? I have been trying to contact Atlassian through a phone I found online but could not reach them.

Maybe a way to escalate this issue so that it is handled urgently? We're afraid that the backups have already been deleted.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Kassia December 11, 2019

Hi, Niv Yehezkel

Maybe you can download a third-party tool to recover your project, I think it's the quickest way. But remember do not save new files on your device, you can use the Bitwar Data Recovery to do this, it does well in data recovery.

Hope it can help you anyway.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Delete is delete. The only viable way to restore an issue or project is to create a new instance of JIRA and restore a backup that has the issues. Then export them to a csv file and import them to your production instance. You will lose the history. You will need to recreate the project. Deleting the project doesn't delete the associated workflows, custom fields, or schemes. 

Niv Yehezkel December 5, 2019

I see. How can I restore those workflows if I don't have any backups for them?

Also, I have read that Atlassian has their internal backups that we can use.

Do you know how can we contact them to get those?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

workflows, fields, and such are assigned to projects. they shouldn't go away when you delete a project. I have no idea about contacting them. I use the server version. If you restore the backup to your system it will OVERWRITE all the data and put it back to the time of the backup. 

Suggest an answer