Read only Admin access to user?

Deleted user November 29, 2021

One of our vendor needs admin access to our production instances for migration / upgradation analysis. Is it possible to give him read only admin access?

Thanks, 

Shanmuka 

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

No. Admin, by definition, comes with full access.

What do you want them to do that browse access won't cover? 

Thanks for your response. Can they see admin screens with browse access? They wanted explore all the admin screens. Is it possible to write any scripts in order to achieve my requirement. Thanks in advance. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

@[deleted] No. Only admins can see the screens. You need to just give them admin rights and trust them.

Thanks again for the response. Since it's production instance my manager n senior admins are little hesitant to give Admin rights. 

@Joe Pitt unrelated question , what is the difference between users showing in DB statistics and number of users having application access. For example in my instance it's showing 13k users in DB statistics where are we have only 4k licenses (2k JSW+2k JSD. Can you please clarify this. Also if we plan to consider purchasing licences, which number do we need to take into account. Thanks in advance. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2021

It's not uncommon for Jira to have users that are inactive which means they can't logon. I haven't used the DB statistics but I suspect that is what is going on. Users shouldn't be deleted, but made inactive which means they can't logon and do not count against the license. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events