Radio Button Custom Field is Mandatory, but "None" still shows

Rosa M Fossi November 10, 2020

I've create 3 radio button fields, and have made them mandatory in the Field Config for project CRT (and added default option in the Context)

When I click the field within the subtask, I still see "None" as an option.   Am I missing a step somewhere?

Note: when I select None, there's a message that warns the field is required.

required-custom-field-shows-none.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hello Rosa,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and thank you for reporting this issue.

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same issue. Even adding a default value, "None" shows as an option on the edit issue screen.

Based on that, I created a bug for our dev team to check:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Rosa M Fossi November 12, 2020

Thank you kindly Angélica!  I've accessed the ticket linked and clicked as instructed

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Benny Varughese April 21, 2022

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Is there an issue for jira DC?

We have the same issue with jira DC 8.20.2

Like Hendrik Hilbig likes this
0 votes
Malka November 11, 2020

None is an option until you select a default, which you say you did, but the screen doesn't appear to reflect that.

Rosa M Fossi November 12, 2020

Angélica from Atlassian responded. Looks like it's a bonefide bug.  If you're being affected also, make sure you access the ticket and click on "This affects my team" 

Scott Hartman April 25, 2023

3 years later, and no resolution??

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events