RJ4 plugin

Rakshitha hegde June 10, 2021

I have question regarding the RJ4 plugin we are using at our company. Right now we are migrating the Jira and we are buying 500 license for Jira. In our team out of 500 people only 100 people of team are using the RJ4 plugin for the requirements, we feel that it is very expensive to buy the 500 license since all of us are not using it. Is it possible to buy the 100 license of Rj4 though we have 500 license for Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Rakshitha hegde ,

I am afraid that you must purchase it for 500 users. The app tier should match the licensed user tier for Jira. Even if fewer users want to use the app than your Jira license, the two licenses should match exactly.

@Niranjan One more question license for Jira data center should we buy the 500 license or can we just buy 100 license.  Because, in the website for the Atlassian it is listed as 500 for the data center. So in order to cut the cost we are thinking  reducing the number of user to 100 and create a separate Jira install for this specific group.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

@Rakshitha hegde - Datacenter doesn't have a 100 user tier license separately. It falls within 1-500 user licenses. It starts with 500

JIRA DC annual pricing for 500 users - $42000

JIRA Cloud Standard plan - annual pricing for 100 users - $7000

JIRA Cloud Premium plan - annual pricing for 100 users - $14000

If I were you, I would opt for JIRA Cloud standard or Premium. Adding to that you dont need to manage the infrastructure for Cloud.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing?tab=data-center

@Niranjan : One of our main concern it is regarding the security. That's why we were looking at the data center option. Can we host it on our own cloud service and manage it? Is there an option for this. Also, Rj4 plugin is not available for the cloud system.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2021

@Rakshitha hegde I am not from Atlassian and I cannot speak for them, but I firmly believe that Atlassain understands the security and privacy concerns of organisations. They respect them and enforce strict process and policies with data protections. I would recommend that you along with your Info sec team connect on a call with Atlassian to get more clarity.

While security may not be concern, missing features like java api, script runner behavior can be little worrisome.

You can also explore other options like AWS.

Suggest an answer