REST or Java-API for user anonymization?

Johannes Heger (CD) November 30, 2020

Hello, do Jira Server has a REST or a Java API for user anonymization?

Anoymizing a single user takes about 13 min, and we have to anonymize 10 - 15 user per month. I think of implementing some tool-support here.

See also:

Kind regards, Johannes

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hello @Johannes Heger (CD) ,

yes, I think both is available.

You can find more information here:

Johannes Heger (CD) December 2, 2020

Hana, thank you! Tody I anonymized some users by REST and that worked. I'm thinking of anonymizing users in batch.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Hi @Johannes Heger (CD) ,

great news! How do you plan to do in batch? Loop through the set of users and call the endpoint for each of them? To be honest I haven't test this functionality much yet, so I would grateful for any information and results. Thank you.

Johannes Heger (CD) December 3, 2020

Hi Hana, I'm investigating automating this. I'll get back to you the next weeks.

Viru Hosamath March 8, 2021

Hello @Hana Kučerová   - We are trying to anonymize a user on the JIRA cloud using the following REST API : 

https://ourcompany.net/rest/api/2/user/anonymization

We are getting a 404 error. Can we anonymize a user on JIRA cloud?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

Hi @Viru Hosamath ,

I found out your question has been answered here.

Johannes Heger (CD) April 18, 2021

@Hana Kučerová , I have written a Python script to anonymize Jira-users in bulk. It's not announced nor released so far. Maybe you're curious about it. Have a look if you like at https://bitbucket.org/jheger/anonymize_jira_users/src/master/. Any feedback is appreciated regarding usage and doc.

I have anonymized 60 users in two prod-instances so far, and hundreds of users in test-instances. 

Kind regards, Johannes

Like Valéria Cruz likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Hi @Johannes Heger (CD) ,

this is awesome, thank you very much for sharing!

Like Johannes Heger (CD) likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events