We are running a Jira 6.2.3 in our company. Since the beginning we struggle with the quick-Search. WE can find most of the tasks / projects. But sometimes the quicksearch won't respond anything. It's a really strange behaviour! We tried to reindex it already a couple of times. Here's an example:
Theres a object called let's say "RZWP-Company-Test" If I Search for "Company" the quicksearch will find the object. If I search for "Test" no result is returned. Moste of the objects are working, we just have 4-5 which are not working as they should. Another example:
"RZWP-VBV-VBV2011" If we search for the whole string, we'll find the object. If we search for example for "RZWP-VBV" => no result. Like when we are searching for "VBV" or "VBV2011". We always have to go manually to projects, then list everything there, then we can find it! :)
I'm thankful for any ideas...
Glad to hear, you could now reproduce the problem. Yes, in Issue Keys the hyphen should not be used, but the underscore. If you are using a Jira v6.1 it is possible to change it. But it depends, how important the Quick Search function is for you and for the Jira users of your system.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG