Quicksearch Problem

Sepp Mügeli August 18, 2014

Hi Community

We are running a Jira 6.2.3 in our company. Since the beginning we struggle with the quick-Search. WE can find most of the tasks / projects. But sometimes the quicksearch won't respond anything. It's a really strange behaviour! We tried to reindex it already a couple of times. Here's an example:

Theres a object called let's say "RZWP-Company-Test" If I Search for "Company" the quicksearch will find the object. If I search for "Test" no result is returned. Moste of the objects are working, we just have 4-5 which are not working as they should. Another example:

"RZWP-VBV-VBV2011" If we search for the whole string, we'll find the object. If we search for example for "RZWP-VBV" => no result. Like when we are searching for "VBV" or "VBV2011". We always have to go manually to projects, then list everything there, then we can find it! :)

I'm thankful for any ideas...

Regards

Marco

4 answers

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

In order to have the Quick Search working properly, we had to adapt
under Administration / Advanced Settings
the key
jira.projectkey.pattern
A regular expression that defines a valid project key.

Sepp Mügeli August 20, 2014

oh.. ok! looks like the "-" is not supported..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+Project+Key+Format

thanks anyways!

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Glad to hear, you could now reproduce the problem. Yes, in Issue Keys the hyphen should not be used, but the underscore. If you are using a Jira v6.1 it is possible to change it. But it depends, how important the Quick Search function is for you and for the Jira users of your system.

0 votes
Sepp Mügeli August 19, 2014

Hey Jose

Do you maybe remember which value you had to adapt?

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2014
I remember there was a value we had to adapt in the administration section.
0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

Please try to search with

RZWP\-VBV

Sepp Mügeli August 19, 2014

Hi Alexey

Unfortunately this didn't help!

But Thanks anyways

Suggest an answer