Quick Wallboards - What are my options?

Jeff Jeff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2011

I'm wanting to demonstrate and show off wallboards in my company and was looking for advice / details on how best to get this up and running. My first thought was that something at simple as the Opera-based WII web browser could be used, but in initial attempts, I couldn't connect and it appeared to be some WII browser issue...

So next I'm thinking about a new LCD TV and if Vizio-apps or similar functionality supports web browsing and could be used with Wallboards?

I'm not finding many details about Wallboards in general from the various Atlassian sites and it's more of a implementation detail than support detail, so thought I'd start with answers....

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Moors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

We are using a 3 year old Windows laptop with broken battery, connected to a 50" Plasma tv. Thanks to Chrome 12, we can run our carrousel of Wallboards full screen and with HTML5 + CSS3 support.

Another option would be a (spare) LCD monitor with an (old) computer per team, this way the relevant metrics are always in sight of the team.

Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

Every company should have a bunch of old pc laptops laying around... theyre perfect for this, and the fold down flat, which is nice for tucking them away

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tomas Theunissen June 12, 2011

I would recommend using a monitor or TV attached to a PC. This will almost always work and give you more possibilities to play with.

We run our wallboards (Atlassian Ultimate Wallboard BlogPost) on mac mini's connected to 42" LCD TV's.

TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2011
Doesn't necessarily have to be a Mini either -- any spare machine should have enough horsepower to run a Wallboard. ^_^

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events