It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Queue by Group where an Agent is part of multiple Groups. Queue "My Department - Unassigned"

Has anyone actually figured this out? Seems like a common request that makes sense.

I want one project for multiple reasons and I have many departments and have created a custom field that is set as the ticket moves to the different department which is assigned to the custom field. The custom field is a group field. 

I want to filter the Queues so I have one called "My Department Unassigned" what should show up are the tickets where current user is a member of custom field (group field).

Example: Agent 1 is part of General Help Desk and Application Support and Agent 2 is part of General Help Desk.

The Queue is Called My Department. Agent 1 should see all tickets with the group field value of General Help Desk or Application Support. Agent 2 should only see the tickets with the group field value of General Help Desk. 

Has anyone accomplished this with or without a plugin? If so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

Hi dxpcanada,

I believe you are on Cloud right?

I've set up similar queues on Server/Data Center using groupsOf()  function provided by JQL Booster Pack, a complement I personally have developed

Supposing the current user is member of a group set up of a customfield called 'Assigned Group' you can type the following:

"Assigned Group" IN groupsOf() 

This will dynamically retrieve issues where the customfield "Assigned Group" has a group that the current user belongs to.

I'm pretty sure others Cloud compliance JQL apps offer the same o a quite similar function. Sadly, you must go for a third-party app to fit your requirement.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you