Queue by Group where an Agent is part of multiple Groups. Queue "My Department - Unassigned"

dxpcanada December 5, 2019

Has anyone actually figured this out? Seems like a common request that makes sense.

I want one project for multiple reasons and I have many departments and have created a custom field that is set as the ticket moves to the different department which is assigned to the custom field. The custom field is a group field. 

I want to filter the Queues so I have one called "My Department Unassigned" what should show up are the tickets where current user is a member of custom field (group field).

Example: Agent 1 is part of General Help Desk and Application Support and Agent 2 is part of General Help Desk.

The Queue is Called My Department. Agent 1 should see all tickets with the group field value of General Help Desk or Application Support. Agent 2 should only see the tickets with the group field value of General Help Desk. 

Has anyone accomplished this with or without a plugin? If so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 5, 2019

Hi dxpcanada,

I believe you are on Cloud right?

I've set up similar queues on Server/Data Center using groupsOf()  function provided by JQL Booster Pack, a complement I personally have developed

Supposing the current user is member of a group set up of a customfield called 'Assigned Group' you can type the following:

"Assigned Group" IN groupsOf() 

This will dynamically retrieve issues where the customfield "Assigned Group" has a group that the current user belongs to.

I'm pretty sure others Cloud compliance JQL apps offer the same o a quite similar function. Sadly, you must go for a third-party app to fit your requirement.

Regards

Suggest an answer