Questions around JIRA URL Change

We have setup new instance of JIRA, which we call as XYZ. Initially to access the application we will be using URL as jira-XYZ.mycompany.com but later when we go live (we will doing migration from other existing JIRA instances before go live), we will be using URL as XYZ-jira.mycompany.com

We have some questions around this

1. Changing the URL will have any impact to the JIRA functionality ?

2. Do we have to follow any steps after the URL change ?

3. We are not using Reverse proxy and don't want to use it. Any recommendations.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Sam Hall Community Champion Nov 15, 2016

You'll need to update the base URL in JIRA, to match the new URL where users will be assessing from:

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-the-base-url-828788224.html

Sam

Thank you Sam for your answer. Looks like we don't have worry about anything else apart from changing the DNS and base URL in JIRA.

The only other issue is if people have used the old url in links or external systems, but that's purely a data issue, it won't break anything in JIRA.

Thank you Nic, that's good to know.  smile Appreciate your response.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

220 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you