Pulling information across multiple projects.

Colleen Calandrelli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 3, 2022

Hello - I'm new to Jira. I have a couple of projects running, and I have a group of developers that are part of all of the projects.  Is there a way, either by creating another project, or even a report, that would pull in the information across all of the projects, so that this group could see what they have committed to?
In talking with a colleague, who was not actually a Jira user, but used something similar, he mentioned that it should be able to be done using tags.

Please help.

Colleen

3 answers

4 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Colleen Calandrelli 

Welcome to Jira and the community! I agree that a dashboard is the best way to do this, they allow to configure gadgets to display the data you need. However, default Jira dashboards might feel limited in certain aspects.

In case you're up for trying an add-on, I recommend you Dashboard Hub for Jira - Reports & Charts, one of our commercial solutions. In relation to your problem, it allows to display cross-team, multi-project, and multi-instance data on a single dashboard.

Other features include +70 gadgets, pre-defined templates, external share, custom charts, different chart types, and more.

Feel free to see a dashboard example :) Hope it helps, remember that you can try it free for 30 days!

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
Haddon Fisher June 3, 2022

Hi Colleen!

If you are looking for these developers to be able to see all of the issues they are assigned to, then I'd recommend using a Jira dashboard.

Each dashboard shows one or more 'gadgets' which are just different ways to display information about Jira issues. 

Each gadget is "fed" Jira issues from a saved search, so you can define explicitly what is going to be in each.

To get what you have described, I would recommend using the "Filter Results" gadget, which will display all issues fed to it by a filter. I'd suggest your saved search be something like "All unresolved issues assigned to the current user". In JQL that would be "assignee = currentUser() and resolution = empty". This will allow you to use a single board to show anyone looking at it what open issues are assigned to them.

Optional enhancements might include:

- A "pie chart" using the same saved search, broken down by "Project". This would show users a distribution of where their work was.

- A "filter results" gadget using a saved search looking at recently resolved issues (something like "assignee = currentUser() and resolution != empty and resolutiondate >= -30d).

NOTE: I am not sure how your experience will differ if one or more of your projects are "team-managed projects". I expect the searches will still return issues, but each TMP uses it's own set of custom fields, so I do not know how much of that information you'd be able to show in a single gadget.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

As long as they have browse permission in the project you can create a filter that spans projects. The built in my issues filter will show then everything assigned to them in regardless of the project. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events