Pulling data from a JIRA query into google spreadsheet

talal.ahmed March 5, 2020

I am trying to figure out a way to pull in JIRA queries into a Google spreadsheet? I want to automate this process so the data that is being pulled in is always up to date. Is there anyway to do this without having to buy a plugin? I heard there are add-ons that can do this, but don't really want to spend money towards this work. 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

Hi @talal.ahmed

There is a free app which can do this - see Jira Cloud for Google Sheets (Official) which is built by Atlassian. 

Alternatively there is an option to open an issue search in Google Sheets using the sheets icon next to share and export.

Ste

talal.ahmed November 16, 2020

Thanks Stephen! Our JIRA isn't cloud based. I see the tool says JIRA cloud. Will that be an issue? 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

Hi @talal.ahmed 

For Server/DC you'd need an alternate app as the one in my previous answer is just for Cloud. For example, Google Sheets Integration works with Server/DC.

You might also be able to do it via the API.

Ste

Suggest an answer