Projects request types

Rofrits Márk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 2, 2022

Hello guys!

I have a question, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. So at service management projects\Request types -  fields sometimes randomly dissapier our form and goes back to under Fields. What can i do? Our customers cant work like this. 

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Rofrits Márk 

Welcome to the community!

The fields in JSM will follow the Screen and forms you configured in Customer Request Types or Request Types. 

Meaning there is a portal form, for the client, and an Agent view of it. 

The fields in the customer form are placed at the beginning of the issue for the agents + the agents view the order you configure. 

What usually happens is the Request type layouts are different, and when the agent changes it, the issue view is changed by the configuration of the Request type selected. 

Your portal customer is not affected by this. 

Follow the doc related to help you to verify this

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/customize-the-fields-of-a-request-type/

If all request types need the same order, you will need to configure accordingly 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events