Project panel not showing tabs or gadgets after installing plugin

Mark Gibson May 8, 2012

I recently installed the Grid Custom Field plugin on Jira 4.0.2. However, when trying to configure it an exception was thrown, so I disabled it. Some time later the same day a colleague noticed that the Project details page was blank i.e no side tabs eg summary and no gadgets.

I'm not saying the two are related, but it does seem likely.

My question is, does any one know how to reset the Project details page so that the tabs and gadgets are displayed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

You should use this grid custom field: http://wiki.idalko.com/display/TGPD/Table+grid+plugin;jsessionid=1953B479ED2CE122F4520A1D3EE7621E

If it's disabled I don't see how it can be related. You can uninstall the plugin and restart to be doubly sure, but I expect that will fix it anyway. Any plugin that has a ProjectTabPanel that malfunctions seems to cause all project tab panels to be broken, but the grid plugin doesn't have any project tab panels.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

I never tested mine on 4.0... so would be surprised if it worked. The subversion plugin can cause this problem.

Mark Gibson May 8, 2012

@Jamie thanks I should have mentioned that I'd done a restart, and still no joy. We do have another plugin that does have ProjectTabPanel, so maybe that's the problem. I'd love to use that grid custom field, but we're stuck with Jira 4.0.2

Mark Gibson May 8, 2012

@Jamie, your suggestion about other plugins using the ProjectTabPanel causing problems led to the right answer. I've just disabled the Jira Gantt chart plugin and the project details are back. Thanks

Suggest an answer