Project Configurator Error: Backup validation info:

Nicole Mueller November 24, 2020

Hi Community

I trying to import a project from another instance with the app "Project Configurator" since days. I solved all the export errors and the exported .zip file seems fine. But now when I'm trying to import it, I get the following error message: 

Data import for project EKRS did NOT complete.

Backup validation info:
ERRORS:
The backup project 'eKarus' requires custom field named 'Last public comment date' with full key 'com.atlassian.jira.toolkit:LastCommentDate'. In the current instance of Jira the plugin is at version '0.36.1', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.

The plugin "CCC Last Comment" wasn't even installed when I first tried to import the project, it's not actually in use. But I've realized it has been installed with the trial version before. To solve the problem I installed it on both instances, source & target with the same version. Still the same error. I also tried to install the app with the version from the error message: 0.36.1... But unfortunately this version doesn't even exist!! You can find all the version here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/15064/ccc-last-comment/version-history

I have also added the custom field "Last public comment date" within the app "CCC Last Comment". On both instances! But nothing helps, the error remains!! The custom field is also accessible in the exported project! 

Does anyone have any advise what else I could try to do? I'm getting a bit crazy with this... Or did anyone have a similar issue? 

Here you'll find the error message:

project-import-errors02.jpgAny help considering this issue is appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Cheers Nicole

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joaquin Fernández Morales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Hi Nicole, 

That error is occurring as fields provided by the ToolKit plugin are referenced by the project being exported in the Source instance but that this plugin is not installed in the source instance.

Even if you don't have that plugin installed now, this error is likely caused by the fact that plugin has previously been installed in the source instance meaning that the projects contain "references" to these fields.

In order to work around this error there are two ways:

1) you can install the same version of this plugin that is installed in the target instance inside of the source instance and then generate a new export from the source instance and import from this in the target instance.

2) Or you can search and delete all those references provides by this plugin in the source instance before generating again the export file. 

I hope it helps. 

Suggest an answer