Processing JIRA issues from commit comments of own git repository

Hello guys,
could please advise how can I process JIRA issues from commit messages if I'm using own local git repository?

I've found some plugins/workaround, but:

• one works only for BitBucket/GitHub (JIRA DVCS Connector)
  • another do not have such functionality (Git Version Control Viewer)
  • as I know FishEye have such func, but we do not plan to have FishEye yet
  • it could be made with git-commits, but we'd like to have this functionality from JIRA administration

So, could someone give any advices?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Hello there!

If you're using self installed JIRA you can use a plugin such as the Git Version Control Viewer, but if you are in OnDemand you are restricted on using either Bitbucket or Github or integrating a local Stash or Fisheye install using Application Links.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

So, as a conclusion we can say that JIRA do not have such functionality out of the box.

how can I process JIRA issues

It is not clear what you mean by "process". If you want to require issue keys mentioned in the commit messages, then the Commit Policy Plugin does this for you.

See the "Commit message must contain issue keys from a JQL query" condition.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

240 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you