Problem with lack of left navigation bar

Michał Skupień September 9, 2019

Hey,

since Friday I have problem with displaying jira in Chrome. In every view I don't have left navigation bar. During scrolling I have many the same errors in console. I did ctrl+f5, ctrl+shift+R, deleted cookies, turned off adblock - nothing helped. Jira works in incognito mode or another browser. Any ideas how to solve this problem? :/

jiraproblem.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hello Michal,

Thank you for reaching out.

Since JIRA is properly displaying when you access the application in incognito mode, the only possibility is that an extension App or Browser setting is causing the problem.

I suggest you try the following steps:

1 - Navigate to your browser history > Click on Clear Browser data > flag the following options and click to Clear data:

Browsing History, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files, Autofill form data, Site settings and Hosted App Data.

2 - Navigate to Window > Extensions > Turn-off your current extensions

3 - Restart your Browser and check if the problem keeps happening

4 - If the problem is not happening anymore, turn-on your extensions one-by-one to identify if any extension is causing the problem

5- If the steps above didn't help, I suggest you navigate to chrome://settings/reset and reset your navigator back to its default. It will remove your current home page together with all the customizations you made, so you will need to configure it again.

Let me know if this information helps.

Michał Skupień September 11, 2019

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, one of the youtube extensions was the reason. I turned it off and everything looks fine now. :) I totally forgot about checking the installed extensions.

Thanks for help! Have a good day! :)

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2019

You are welcome, Michal.

Have a nice day you too! :)

Suggest an answer