Problem creating an issue

Offir Gutelzon March 17, 2014

I received the following when trying to create a new issue, on a newly created Project.

http://i.imgur.com/8Se5ulx.png

Backstory: I just recently deleted the contents of my work folder just to get jira to load again. I'm running the Jira Download version. I'm not sure if this is related or not. I did it in order to fix this: http://i.imgur.com/Knw0jmv.pngand it worked.

Thanks for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

You need to read the application log for more information on exactly what is going on here.

Where can I find this file?

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Look at atlassian-jira.log in the log subfolder of your Jira home directory. This file is a running log of stuff happening in Jira. On startup lots of diagnostic messages are logged (good for troubleshooting config issues) and then any errors or warnings encountered during Jira use will also go there. Let me know if you need help interpreting the messages once you find the log file.

I keep a shortcut to the production Jira log on my desktop for quick access.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

Go to Admin -> System information, and look for the log file locations, it'll tell you exactly what files to read.

Ahh thanks, didn't know this. I found the logs. It didn't do me much good, but I figured out the problem.

Permission based! Thanks!

Suggest an answer