Problem creating an issue

I received the following when trying to create a new issue, on a newly created Project.

http://i.imgur.com/8Se5ulx.png

Backstory: I just recently deleted the contents of my work folder just to get jira to load again. I'm running the Jira Download version. I'm not sure if this is related or not. I did it in order to fix this: http://i.imgur.com/Knw0jmv.pngand it worked.

Thanks for any help!

1 answer

0 vote

You need to read the application log for more information on exactly what is going on here.

Where can I find this file?

Look at atlassian-jira.log in the log subfolder of your Jira home directory. This file is a running log of stuff happening in Jira. On startup lots of diagnostic messages are logged (good for troubleshooting config issues) and then any errors or warnings encountered during Jira use will also go there. Let me know if you need help interpreting the messages once you find the log file.

I keep a shortcut to the production Jira log on my desktop for quick access.

Go to Admin -> System information, and look for the log file locations, it'll tell you exactly what files to read.

Ahh thanks, didn't know this. I found the logs. It didn't do me much good, but I figured out the problem.

Permission based! Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

184 views 1 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you