Priority Filter in Kanban

Brad Smith May 19, 2022

I am looking to create a quick filter at the top of the Kanban board to sort out priorities in DESC order.

I believe the JQL code should be 

project = "BT2" ORDER BY priority DESC, created DESC

But it doesn't seem to affect the Kanban in anyway. Any advise? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

The ordering of issues in the board is set by the ORDER BY clause of the filter used for the board. You can not dynamically change that using a Quick Filter.

By default the ORDER BY clause uses Rank for agile boards. This is what enables you to drag and drop the issues so that you can organize them with the issues to be done first at the top of the list and the issue to be done later farther down the list. That is how you "prioritize" work for an agile board.

If you choose to change the ORDER BY clause in your filter so that it is not ORDER BY Rank then you will no longer be able to drag and drop your issues to re-prioritize them.

If you are working with a Company Managed project you can change the filter for the board. If you are working with a Team Managed project, you are not able to change the filter for the board.

Brad Smith May 19, 2022

Thank you, thats what i was fearing would be the answer. Good to know though

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events