Prioritising a single development stream from multiple jira projects

Keir Guild March 10, 2021

Requirement:

Ability to prioritise multiple project jira tickets into consolidated backlogs

Background:

My company has three development departments/streams. Each sprint planning the developers select tickets from their stream (i.e. development project) backlog in order to work on. The development stream consists of clones of the project ticket that have been further analysed by the developers to determine workload, affected componets etc which the client does not need to see. However, these tickets are linked to the project tickets.

However, we have over 25 Jira projects, being managed by different project managers all with differing requirements, feeding these 3 development streams.  We use standardised priority fields across all projects (being blocker, critical, high and low). So one project manager can rate all their issues as "blockers" which books up the entire sprint for their project requirements without any understanding/acknowledgement of what the other project requirements are.

Conceptual Solution:

Forming a consolidated list of the top X (i.e. 5, 10, whatever we decide) jira tickets from each project based on priority allows the project managers to obtain a better idea of what the priorities of the varying projects are and hence facilate conversation to determine the priority of their project within a list of all the projects priorities. 

Issue:

Does anyone know how to retrieve the top X jira tickets from multiple projects?

1 answer

0 votes
Tim.Dutton February 4, 2022

I've the same problem, @Keir Guild  did you work it out?

Suggest an answer