Prevent response via email

Andy Killat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2023

We do run a service portal for our clients. So far everything works as intended but some of the users of our clients tend to answer the notification emails via email.

This surprisingly works. JIRA then creates a comment for this user. But the comments are bloated with the email footers and the all previous conversations.

Is it possible to prevent Emails being processed and creating comments?

Best regards,

Andy

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Andy Killat ,

Have you already tried the "strip quotes" option under "Email Requests" ? This will enable customers to just post content of current email as comments rather than the complete mail chain.

Providing a screenshot of the page below. You can reach this setting by pressing "gg" and searching for "Email Requests".

EmailRequestssettings.JPG

Thanks,

Aditya

Andy Killat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2023

Thank you Aditya for pointing me into the right direction.
My Screen looks a little different but I flipped a few switches so it should be less bloated now :)

But it seems that this function can be tamed but not completely be shut off.

Thank you,
Andy

Mo Omar June 26, 2023

Hi guys, this seems to be for the 'Service Management' option. Where can I find how to disable this for our JIRA projects/ JIRA software?

Currently, users are able to respond back to email notifications, and their comments appear directly in the comments (which is handy), only it also adds other noise to the ticket as well images as attachments/ signatures etc.

Like Alison Milne likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events