Pre set custom field value based on project

Hi,

I would like to set a value from a select list as default value based on Project. For example

Project A will be automatically set to value X

Project B will be automatically set to value Y

Project C will be automatically set to value Z

where value X,Y and Z is a select custom field in Jira. Could the custom product field has a preset default value by project or ony other idea to solve this problem?

The reason that I would like to set this is because I need to have a query to finds bugs that are currently tracked in a different projects and I would like to set it automatically from the background instead of asking users to set it by themselves.

thanks in advance,

br,

Meech

3 answers

1 accepted

If you are using contexts make sure the field is present on the create issue screen, otherwise it will not be set, as the context just prefills the field on the screen.

This answer works.  It is necessary to define at least 1 context for each different value you want.  Thomas Heidenreich's caveat is worth reading, though I have not confirmed it still applies.

Hi, thanks for your answer.. it's working by using context.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,026 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot