Is it possible to put a pre-commit svn hook with JIRA on cloud, which will check for a valid JIRA open issue before allowing to commit ?
If such a feature is not available, is anyone doing it any other way ?
thanks and regards
We have been using client side svn pre-commit hook through tortiosesvn.for this purpose. You just need to
1) create/use a JIRA user(s) that can access your JIRA instance through the REST API
The user/password should have limited access
2) Create your pre-commit hook
1) use svnlook to get the description
2) use your scripting language's regex to get JIRA issue identifiers
3) use the REST API to lookup the JIRA issue identifiers. We used curl
4) Return messages and exit statuses for each error or just the exit status for siuccess
If you have your own svn server, you can then use a server side pre-commit hook instead. I pretty sure Atlassian dropped subversion repository support except through fisheye for JIRA Cloud. It was part of the move to BitBucket. Maybe a new Atlassian connect plugin might exist now.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG