Post function to copy value to message field from Jira Toolkit

Ian Bantilan November 4, 2013

Does anyone know if its possible to copy a field value to a message field (Jira Toolkit) through post function?

1. If I set a default value to a message field for edit, it shows the default value in edit screen. Value from source field not copied after transition.

2. If I don't set a value for message field for edit, it doesn't display in edit screen. Value from source field is still not copied after transtion.

3. If I copy field Message field to another field, the default value is copied over.

Question:

1. Are the message fields from JIRA toolkit plugins not designed to be destination field in a transtion post function.

JIRA Suite and JIRA toolkit plugins installed.

Thanks

Ian

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Bantilan November 4, 2013

Thanks for clarification. Any suggestions on a field being read-only on an edit screen? I'm on JIRA on demand, so behaviors plug-in is not an option...

Cheers!

0 votes
Ian Bantilan November 10, 2013

Closing..nothing for JIRA OnDemand

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2013

It is not dessigned to use the value which you copy over. It is always going to show you the default value which is configured for the context.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2013

The message fields are categorically NOT for variable data. The whole point of them is that they display something on a screen, and it's the same something displayed for all issues. So they don't even have the hooks to read data, let alone store any!

You need to use another field type if you want to store data.

Suggest an answer