Possible to bulk update all issues with a new post function?

Thomas Gavin September 28, 2017

I noticed that the report "Created vs Resolved" did not display any issues as resolved in my instance. After some investigation I found that we had no resolutions set in our workflow so no wonder this did not work.

I have now added a resolution to a transition midways in our workflow. Midway because our workflow shifts from one dept to another at that particular transition.

What remains is to get all my issues updated with this new resolution set (both the ones actually on that status but also issues that has continued passed that step in the workflow)

Dept no 1 wants to be able to see when "their" work is done.

Anyone has an idea on how to get this updated?

Thx

Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ethan Foulkes September 28, 2017

Hi Thomas,

You can create a transition from each status that has issues needing a resolution back to that same status. Then add a post-function which sets the resolution. At that point you can then do a bulk transition from each status which will add resolution without moving issues.

Don't forget to remove your transitions after!

I'm surprised that you want to set the resolution midway through workflow when transferring to another department. I have a feeling you may not like that setup down the road.

Thomas Gavin September 28, 2017

Thx Ethan for your reply. I'll give it a go :-)

As for the setup you may be right. I am a fairly new JIRA admin and so is my company as JIRA users and I fear any pitfall along the way.

Thx

Thomas

Suggest an answer