Possible to approve a change request via email?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to approve a change request in the follow manner:

1. Change request raised
  2. email sent to approver group
  3. approver simply replies "Approved" via email
  4. email  triggers change request to transition to approved status.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jul 24, 2016

This is possible, yes. You can use the automation rules to perform 'text searches' on incoming comments.

Let me know if you need assistance in setting this up.

Thanks Steven, Ill have to come back to this one. Im currently having an issue where I cannot import a new workflow (Change Management for JIRA from the marketplace) during import and end up with a blank web page.

If you're on a recent version of JIRA, it looks like there was an open bug that was recently resolved. Check the Affects Version/s and Fix Version/s fields.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-61110

Yeah doing the update fixed the issue thanks.

Hi i wanted to know the know the complete process for above question?

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Steven,

Hope you are doing well!

Could you please share the detailed steps for achieving above requirement because we need to set up an approval process in a same way.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Suchit Kharatmol

Hello @Suchit Kharatmol,

I don't have the time right now to outline the steps, but the documentation on the topic is quite good in my opinion: Can you check this out and if you have any new question can you open a new Question on this site? You can feel free to @mention me to get my attention there.

image.png

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

72 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you