Posibility of Changing Security Level Based on Radio Button

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2012

Hi All

I am looking for a work around to change the 'Security Level' Based on the value we get in a Radio Button.

Is this possible ? I use JIRA 4.4.1 and 4.4.5.

Any script available ?

Regards, Vishnu

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2012

Not natively, but I'm not 100% sure I am reading the question correctly.

First way I read it - you want to change the security-level field from a select list to a radio-button. That would need you to amend the core code in Jira, but it's not too hard - all you need to do is find the .vm that renders the edit of security field and amend the display html in it.

Second way I've read it - you have a custom field (a radio button) and you want to do some logic and work out a security level based on the value in the radio button (and maybe some other stuff). To do that, you'll need a listener (or post-function if you only want to do it on workflow transitions). I'm not aware of anything specific in the plugin library that would do this, but there's some good examples that are close, and I'd probably reach for the script runner myself - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

@Vishnu , you can refer this blog if you want to set security level based on another customfield(radio button)

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2012

Nic

The second way you read is right.

I had done this with two custom fields ( two Drop Down). I could set the visibility of secone drop down based on the value we select on first one.

Similarly, I need to set the security level based on the value ( Yes or no) on a radio button.

I wouldn't like to go for any plugin for this.

Thanks, Vishnu.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2012

Ok, well, I'm afraid you will need a plugin to do it - it requires some logic to be examined inside Jira as an issue is created/updated, and there's nothing there to do it natively. Hence you're going to need something.

Suggest an answer