Portfolio Plan based on Filter

Sunil Muniyal August 9, 2016

Hello,

If I create a Portfolio plan and in its sources I have only Filter mapped as a source, I could not see any sprints available for the planning. The error refers that no board is associated to the team to have sprints.

Is there a way to display the list of issues in a portfolio plan based on the filter, however, have boards associated to the teams so that sprints are also available which allows sprint planning.

We are on Cloud Version.

Thanks

Sunil M.

3 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2016

Hi Sunil,

You need to link the Portfolio with Scrum Boards as source , linking only with filters won't work if you wish to see sprint data in portfolio.

Sunil Muniyal August 10, 2016

Hello Tarun,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, however, if we do that in Portfolio plan it lists all the Epics from the board. Instead, we would want to list specific epics (depending on the epic status). Hence, trying to find if there is a way to have Portfolio linked with both Scrum Boards and Filters as source, however, epics are listed only from Filter in Portfolio plan and teams in portfolio are associated to boards so that filter is also getting listed.

Please advise.

Thanks

Sunil M.

Travis Reynolds February 23, 2017

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I am running into this.  My "workaround" is to create a board based on that filter.  Then I can tie the sprint to the board and not get all the info from the project within JIRA.  

Deleted user March 8, 2019

Hello, did you guys create a ticket already so I can go +1?

Thank you.

0 votes
Karine Manoukian March 14, 2019

Back to the comment by Travis, does Jira allow creating a board based on a filter? If yes, the plan can be created by linking it to that board, which will resolve the issue.   

0 votes
Nancy Bennett November 13, 2017

I spoke with Atlassian support on this because I ran into this as well and their recommendation was to maintain the sprints and velocity manually because there is currently no way to separate the sprint and velocity data from the data that the board brings with it. I think we would need to submit a feature request  to decouple that from the plan perspective. I decided not to include the boards of my teams for this reason and manually maintain this data.

Suggest an answer