Populating Jira ticket with Confiforms data (smart multi-row)

Simon Larson March 20, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer data that our users enter via Confiforms into a Jira ticket for an easy overview. Every time a new form is submitted, a new Jira ticket is created. The goal is to transfer all of the content into the ticket description.

It works for most fields, but not the smart multi-row. I'm not sure about the syntax on how to access these fields.

This is the form structure: OGform.png

form.png

And this is the IFTTT rule:

ifttt.png

Issue is that description always returns empty. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

Hi

Smart multi-row field is a MULTI select, there is no such thing as "date" in the multi-select field - as the "monthly" holds an array of pointers to another form/records

So it would be something like 

[entry.monthlyTravel.transform(date).asList]

Or look at iterateAndPrint function

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

Alex 

Simon Larson March 23, 2023

Hi Alex, thanks for your response. Your explanation makes sense, but I've tried both your suggestions:

"description":"[entry.monthlyTravel.transform(date).asList]"

and

"description":"[entry.monthlyTravel.iterateAndPrint([entry.date] - [entry.startLocation] <br/>).renderAsHtml]"

and unfortunately get the same empty description in the Jira ticket in both cases.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

Here is a little demo, hope it helps

http://recordit.co/z3gV86XM3c

(monthlyTravel is a smart multi-row as you can see)

Alex

Simon Larson March 27, 2023

Thanks for the response, Alex.

I copied what you put in your demo but the description now returns two brackets with nothing between them. Namnlös.png

asd.png

Could it be an issue that startLocation is a webservice dropdown? Technically startLocation could have multiple fields

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2023

A dropdown field can have only one value. Not sure what you mean by "could have multiple fields"

Anyway, changing the type of the field for the startLocation to "web service dropdown" does not change anything - everything works as expected

I dont understand how you can get the [] as a result.

You can see the demo I have recorded for you and how it works

I suggest to open a support ticket with us and provide a complete configuration that you are using - as debugging this by looking at little pieces seems to be not going anywhere.

Alex

Like Simon Larson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events