Pie Chart Gadget in Jira Dashboard - Excluding unwanted labels from my pie chart

Jon Norton January 13, 2021

I have used the Pie Chart gadget to try and show the total number of changes made by a particular workstream, they use labels on the tickets to identify particular product lines and brands.

Am I able to exclude labels from one pie chart so I can have one pie chart that looks at total number of changes by product and have a separate pie chart that looks at total number of changes by brand.

i.e Change1 might have the labels 'Product A' and 'Brand B' and rather than showing both of these on the same pie chart i would like to display and two separate pie charts 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Jon Norton ,

As @Tessa Tuteleers has said, I don't think this is possible with the built-in pie chart gadget. However, this is one of the exact use cases we had in mind when developing Custom Charts for Jira.

You can select labels as the statistic type and then hide the ones you don't want to show simply by clicking the "eye" button in the options panel:

Show Hide Labels.png

You can also change the order, colors and much more. You can try the app right now for yourself on our interactive app playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/jira-reporting-playground

I hope that helps with your question.

Kind regards,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Jon Norton , 

Welcome to the community!

The Pie chart gadget does not support this. 
furthermore, I would always advice to keep different types of data separate, so if you categorise on Product and Brand, store that data separately as well (especially if they are linked among themselves i.e. Brand > Product).

Maybe think about Insight or (Cascading) select lists? 

- Tessa

Jon Norton January 13, 2021

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers 

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'll see if the team can put product/ brands in separate fields!

What is Insight / Cascading?

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Insight is an asset management tool for Jira Service Management (now from Atlassian), Cascading select fields are native to Jira, where you have a double select list, the second depending on the first (where you could let product depend on brand, or the other way around, should this hierarchy exist). 

Both give a level of security (only users you decide can create new "labels") and give you a better structured, less loose set of data for you to report on. 

Good luck! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events