Permissions to view only yours issues, as reporter

I need to make such permission shehe, when users from one jira group will be able to see only issues, where they are the reportes. In addition they must have ability to create subtasks to this story.

Can you help me with permission configuration for such case.

4 answers

Yes, this can be done. The only caveat that the "create issues" permission must be open to a larger population.

The trick is to assign the "create issues" scheme to a particular group, and also to assign secondary permissions (browse, comment, edit, etc) to the reporter field.

Since the only one who can see the issue is the reporter, they will be the only ones who can create sub-tasks for it.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Apr 24, 2013

If it's not a permission configuration for all issues of a project (through "Browse Project" permission set to "Reporter") you can use security levels to restrict the visibility for the corresponding issues.

Henning

I agree with Henning,

this is a task to solve with Security Levels. Define a security level that allows only the reporter and the concerned project roles to see the issue. This way, the project crew should be able to see all issues, while the "customer" part only can see their own issues.

HTH

0 votes

To supplement the other answers which have already been provided under this question, the best way to create a suitable situation for your case, would be to make use of issue security. Documentation on configuring issue security can be found here

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

471 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you