Permissions depending on a value of a field

Duarte Meneses May 30, 2022

Hello everyone,

Imagine I have:

- A field F of the type Select List (single choice) (with values: 1 to 5);

- A group G with 3 users.

Is it possible to give access to group G only to the issues where the values of F are 4 or 5? 

Thank you,

Duarte

2 answers

1 vote
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hi, @Duarte Meneses !

Welcome to the Community! 

I partly agree with @Dirk Ronsmans recommendation about issue-level security, but you also need to get extra apps to change issue-level security when changing field values.

Do you any extra apps (which ones?) or are you ready to buy them?

What version is your Jira Server? (I hope you know about this announcement?)

Duarte Meneses June 1, 2022

Thank you! Do I really need extra apps? I thought it was possible to do creating rules in project automation. And yes, I'm aware of the announcement, thanks. 

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hey @Duarte Meneses ,

You could do this using issue level security.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html

By setting a security level based on the field value you can make it so that only users that are part of that security level can view those issues.

Duarte Meneses June 1, 2022

Thank you! I think I can do that if the field values correspond to groups but that is not my case.

I have a group called "CISO" and the field is "IS Impact", which have a value from zero to five depending on the impact of the issue.

By setting security level based on that field, am I able to give access to CISO to issues where the value of IS Impact is three or bigger?

Sorry for the question but I'm new to Jira. 

Suggest an answer