Permissions by field and workflow status

Lisa Cho July 26, 2012

Can I allow some users to edit all fields, but restrict other users from being able to edit a specific field (i.e. the description)?

Even better, can I restrict users from being able to edit the description or a set of fields only while the issue is in certain workflow states?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

On JIRA onDemand, you can do only a part of it. i.e. restricting editing of an issue at certain workflow states. But this would be restricting "Edit" for all fields and not just description or something else.

The best way to apply restrictions on a group of fields is to allow editing of those fields only via workflow actions.

Lisa Cho July 26, 2012

Thanks Jobin! On a related thread....Is it possible to enable all users to do it, but then report on users who edited it during certain workflow states?

I.e. enforcement through policing?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

You can find out ho did it in the change history. I don't think there is any other advanced reports in onDemand.

Suggest an answer