Per User Custom Field Data

Marc Addeo July 29, 2013

Does anyone know of a plugin for Jira for a custom field that stores data on a per user basis?

For example, I want a field that each user can input their own value into so when they run filters it returns their value and nobody elses.

3 answers

0 votes
Douglas Beatty March 31, 2014

I have been searching for this functionality. While I agree with Nic that Marc's, use case is probably not something Jira would support how about this:

I am working an issue. I have determined that it will require a meeting to discuss, so I schedule one for Friday. Until after that meeting there is really nothing I can do with this issue. I would like to filter that issue out of my 'list' so I don't have to keep scanning over it looking for actionable items.

I could change the status or set a custom field value, but both of those will generate e-mails and spam others with my efforts to be efficent thereby reducing their efficiency. Also, I don't know that someone else wants it filtered out of their list so the data that is used to filter really needs to be personal to me.

If there was something like a personal Suspend date/time field, that I could filter on then I could mark the issue as suspended until after the meeting on Friday and then filter out any issues that are currently suspended from my view.

Anyone know of anything like that?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2013

No, there's nothing in Jira for that, and I've not seen any plugins that provide it.

I suspect it's because most people use Jira to share information, so having different people seeing different things in the same field is probably highly confusing.

Of course, you could write a new field to handle it, unless you have some luck finding one in the marketplace.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

as of now atlassian not supporting it, check this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330

but you can try with following plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.quisapps.jira.jfs

Marc Addeo July 29, 2013

Well, I'm not really looking for security on the field itself but rather having a field which the data is unique to the user viewing it.

For example, if we have a field called Personal Priority and user Bob is viewing it he can set it to priority 5. Then if Sally views the same issue, she can set her Personal Priority to 3.

When Sally then views the issue, the Personal Priority is set to 3.

When Bob then views the issue, the Personal Priority is set to 5.

Suggest an answer