Parallel Sprint

Chengchen Li January 27, 2021

I have enabled parallel sprint in setting already, but the "start sprint" button of the next sprint is still gray and I cannot click on it. There is currently only one sprint going on. Why is this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Chengchen Li 

Welcome to the community.

Are you using Next Gen or Classic projects?

Running parallel sprints is not supported for Next Gen projects.

OH!! that might be why. im using Next Gen project. I didnt know the difference and new to Jira. would i lose anything if i switch to classic project now?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Chengchen Li 

Unfortunately you cannot simply change the type of project you are using. You have to move the issues from the Next Gen project to a new Classic type project. Refer to this document for more information.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/

And here is the home page for documentation that discusses the differences between the two types of projects.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/learn-the-differences-between-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

Wow, thank you so much. I am reading up on these!

0 votes
Rashad Tahir February 2, 2021

Where is the Run parallel sprints option in Jira Cloud? I'm not seeing it in the settings.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2021
0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Few days back I faced the same.

Please refresh the pages and try once.

If not worked. Logout and login once . 

Thanks.

Thank you! I tried and it didn’t work. Hover message says I cannot start the new sprint unless the one above has been completed ... argh!

M Saraswati April 3, 2023

I also have the same problem. I had assumed that this would have been settled by now. Even though I have parallel sprints set, I am still unable to begin another sprint concurrently.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events