P1 issue not shown first in kanban board

Suma Pralhad Kustagi April 5, 2021

Hi,

We have a Kanban board, I see the tickets in the board. But I want to see the highest priority tickets in the first. I tried to add swimlane ,quick filter but not able to see them first. Can anyone let me know what has to be done.

Regards,

Suma

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Can you share an obscured screenshot showing your setting of the swimlane as well as the board.

It is weird that your issues in Expedite don’t show up first.

Also share the order by filter configuration for your board.

Cheers.

Hi Ismael,

Query is like project =ABC and lables in .... order by priority..

I have priorites as P1,P2,P3,P4 and Medium.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi 

This is due to the order of the priority scheme order.

• Go to your priority scheme page, 
  • Edit the priority scheme used by the project
  • Reorder your priorities in highest priority comes first so for example if P1 is higher than P2 or medium, P1 is the first priority in the scheme.

Let US know if this helps.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi,

Adding a swimlane is the right thing to do here. Configure the swimlanes like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 12.15.37.png

So make sure you base the swimlanes on queries and define JQL filter for each selection of issues you want to group. In this example, issues with highest priority will be shown in the top swimlane, everything else comes in the swimlane below. 

Hi Walter,

As mentioned, After adding the Expedite as the first in the swimlane, I do not see any changes in the kanban board..

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

That is most likely because there are currently no open issues matching your expedite filter. The swimlane will only appear if there are issues matching the criteria.

To verify, update the priority of one of your issues on the board to highest and see what happens.

See this example:

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 12.28.35.png

no high priority issues

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 12.28.14.png

Same board, no config changes, 1 high priority issue.

Hi Walter,

I see there are issues with priority as P1.. I have other Bug which contains P2,P3,P4 and Medium.

When i add the query as Priority in (P1,P2,P3,P4,Medium) i first see the Medium assigned bUgs..

To see the P1 first i need to do vice versa?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

No,

You create a separate swimlane for each priority:

• SL1: Priority = P1
  • SL2: Priority = P2
  • SL3: Priority = Medium

Or in the UI:

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 13.04.00.png

leads to the following result:

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 13.05.39.png

If you put everything in a single query, you will end up with a single swimlane.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events