Outgoing emails from my domain not being sent

Appswiz October 9, 2019

I've followed all of the instructions I can find to set up the correct SPF, DMARK & DKIM records on my DNS and have the domain in question verified with Jira. The domain check tool also passes: https://domain-check.atlassian.com/

But when I update the Notifications to be sent from my domain nothing is recieved.

How can I test this and see any errors?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

To test if notifications are working, you need to make sure that you are not the assignee and reporter at the same time. 

Please, create a ticket with a test email (customer account) and assign the ticket with your admin account in order to add a comment to test if the customer account will receive the notification.

Also, something really important for the customer notification to work is that the request type is correctly filled. If the request type is set as "No match", no notification will be sent.

The best way to test is by using a customer account and create the ticket through the customer portal and then with the admin account, you add a comment through Jira (agent view).

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer