Out-of-the-box workflow transition validators

Hi,

Can someone confirm for me the available workflow transition validators that are available by default?

I see these two. Should I be seeing more? (I'm running v6.4.9)

add_validator.png

The documentation suggests there should be a greater range of validators:

Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. Input can include that gathered from the user on the transition's screen. 

from Advanced workflow configuration

2 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

Validators are something Atlassian has always left to third party add-ons.

You get two with plain JIRA:

• User Permission validator (a hangover from early JIRA - marked as obsolete, only there for supporting really old data and seriously, do not bother to use it)
  • Permission validator (does what you'd expect, but most of us use Conditions to stop the user who doesn't have the right permissions to start the transition, rather than let them add data and then refuse to let them save it)
0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 06, 2016

JIRA Suite Utilities is free and supported, many articles are written with that add-on being installed and enabled.
Misc Workflow Extensions is not free but includes many basic functions.

Both of these add-ons are installed (for free) and disabled by default in Atlassian Cloud.

Thanks Steven. I'm aware of this add-on. My question is quite specific though - what are the standard validators.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,965 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot