Original estimate keeps changing back to old value when trying to edit

Moiz Ur Rehman June 8, 2020

Hello all,

I need to update some of the estimated hours on some issues, usually I could do this simply by editing the number in the field. Now it keeps changing back to the original number after I change it and refresh, not sure what is going on. I am using Jira cloud.

For example, I had an estimate that needs to change from X hours to Y hours. When I do this in the field it shows that it has updated, but after a refresh, it goes back to X hours again.

One suspicion I have is maybe it has something to do with the Big Gantt add on, but I am not too sure.

Any helps is much appreciated.

Regards,

Moiz

1 answer

0 votes
Radosław (SoftwarePlant) September 21, 2020

Hi,

Depending on the settings it may be possible.

Let me explain. BigGantt is very flexible in terms of configuration and at the same time packed with lots of logic that automatically keeps your tasks' dates in place.

Please check if the scenario below is your case:

1. Your either Start date or End date is mapped to OE
    image.png2. Task mode on the said task or its parent task prevents these changes.
    Note that sometimes it may not be so obvious since a task may fall within the scope of more than one program and the dates are kept consistent for all issues in all programs.

I hope the information helps, but if you are having trouble identifying the proper configuration to resolve your issue, do contact our Support at support@softwareplant.com. We will be more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Radosław SoftwarePlant

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events