Org Admin Cannot make new project

Michael Foster May 6, 2024
When creating a new team managed, kanban, jira board I get the error below repeatedly no matter what name I pick. I am the only user in the account, I am the org admin and should have all permissions since I am the only user and this is a personal jira instance.

ERROR is below

Project not created
For some reason the magic didn't happen. Click Create to try again.

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

@Michael Foster , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you checked in Global Permissions if the permission to create team-managed projects is allowed for some user or group?

Please, check this. Also, it will be great if you provide some screenshot associating to your error message.

Hi Fernando, I checked those permissions and creating team-managed projects was public. I deleted this and changed to org-admin group of which I am a part of and still no luck. I’m going to try to add a screenshot but unfortunately have been having issues because this forum is giving me errors as well.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 10.46.13 AM.png

More info on error. In the console I am seeing 

{
"message": "Failed to create Project from async task: bc37073a-a2c4-48cc-82c2-3c2270cc7cf8, cause: FAILED, failing stage: project.create.flow.unscoped.product.hook ",
"status-code": 500,
"stack-trace": ""
}

Request Method:
500 Internal Server Error
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

@Michael Foster ,

It's weird. By default you shouldn't be facing this problem. Have you tried using another browser or anonymous tab?

I try to replicate same steps as you and using a free site and it works pretty well to create team managed projects.

Michael Foster May 7, 2024

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva Have you tried creating multiple projects? This is my second project that I am trying to create. I tried a different browser (safari) as well as incognito on chrome still with no luck and the same 500 error in the api response.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2024

@Michael Foster ,

Just to be clear, you're facing this problem trying to create by API, by User Interface or the both?

With this I can try to create more projects and see how it works using one of those concepts.

Michael Foster May 7, 2024

@Fernando Eugênio da Silva  By user interface only, the error codes I added above are from the network tab on the chrome dev console

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2024

@Michael Foster , thanks for your feedback!

Well, as this problem is happenning by user interface and you have 500 code error. Looks like a problem more directioned to your jira site.

I suggest you open a ticket to suporte team by here: Atlassian Support

The team will be able to help you. As community, we have no access to jira infrastructure.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events