Notify me of new request

Lauri Pantos April 24, 2017

This should be really basic but I'm missing something I guess.   i have an admin set up named webteam

jiraprojectlead.PNG

and I set up the default notification scheme to notify  the project lead when a ticket was created

jiranotify.PNG

i'm not getting any notification when an issue is created. can someone please help me figure out why? I am using the trial version and my one week trial is almost up and I need to figure this out.  Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

Here are a few things you can try and look into:

1. Is the email address for the Web Team configured correctly? Might want to also check the outgoing email settings. If the email address is supposed to go to your whole team, then something might be wrong with the email alias you've configured for your team.
  2. Are any users getting notifications at all when they are supposed to?
  3. Is the project configured to use the correct notification scheme?
Lauri Pantos April 24, 2017

1. this is an existing company email address so I think the answer is yes its configured correctly

2. the requstor gets notified

3. how do I check?

Thanks.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2017

To check the Notification scheme, open the project's configuration settings and find the Notifications link on the left-hand side. You should be able to review all of the notifications for every event and who gets those notifications.

Suggest an answer