Notify linked issue when issue resolved

Anh Nguyen July 15, 2019

Hi there,

I have a question

How to notify Linked issue Assignee when issue resolved? 

Example

- issue 10 linked to issue 9 as starts after (see image)

linked_issue.png

- When issue 9 resolved, how I can configure in Jira Administration to let issue's 10 Assignee to get email Notification? 

If my question is not clear, please let me know

Thank you very much!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

Hello,

You would need an add-on for it like Power Scripts, Script Runner, Automation for Jira.

If you want to use the Power Scripts add-on, you could write a post function for the resolved transition with a code like this:

string[] links = allLinkedIssues(key, "Your Link");

for (string link in links) {

sendEmail("testFrom@cprime.com", {assignee}, {}, "testSubject.tpl", "testBody.tpl");

}

You can find more information here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/SIL/sendEmail

Anh Nguyen July 15, 2019

Hi Alex,

Do you mean that I need to use Plugin like Script Runner and add more code to current Jira code as your sample script? 

We have been using Scrip Runner as trial. We will process to buy it. But i am not familiar with writing source code. Could you please guide me in more detail for how to add your sample code to send notification?

Thank you very much!

Egor Chernookiy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2020

Hi Anh,

Have you solved this question? I faced the same situation. 

Suggest an answer