Notification emails with High Importance attribute

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

Please let me know how to make the notifications sent from Jira service desk to be marked as "High Importance" . 

For example: When a Incident ticket is created with Priority High, the notification email to the assignee or watchers should be sent by High Importance marked. 

3 answers

0 votes
Oleh Morozov November 3, 2022

Hi guys.

It seems to send emails with a "high priority" flag it is enough to add the header "X-Priority" with the value of "1" (The most important). Info is taken from here http://www.chilkatsoft.com/p/p_471.asp

P.S. Email is sent like that:

import com.atlassian.jira.mail.Email;
final Email email = new Email(emailAddress);
email.setSubject(emailSubject);
email.setBody(getBody(template, context));
email.setMimeType("text/html");
email.addHeader("X-Priority", "1");
ComponentAccessor.getMailQueue().addItem(new SingleMailQueueItem(email));
0 votes
Jacek December 21, 2021

Dear Rilwan, have you found some resoultion without any additional extensions? 
I want to set this as well. If someone know how to set this please help :) 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Not yet

Jacek December 30, 2021

This is sad to hear. I couldn't set this either and it is hard to search anything in this topic. This is why I have set Jira automation, to send notification on Teams Channel if something important will happen. 

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

We use "Automation for Jira" Addon for this exact task - the automation checks new tickets for keywords and adds labels to the ticket and escalates it up the work flow - additionally the latest updates to the addons make it so easy to use that my project leads are able to configure it without the need of an admin. 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2018

we want emails sent from jira to be marked as "High Importance". Example: In Outlook. 

outlook_1.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer