Notification based on event and field value

I would like to send an e-mail notification to a group when an issue is closed and ExternalID field is not null. I'm sorry, but the help documentation is lacking and/or fractured. Can this be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

The first part is easy. To send a mail when an issue is closed, you can just add the group as a recipient in the notification scheme for the event which is thrown in the workflow post function. But to thrown events based on conditions like "External ID is null", you will need plugins which is not possible in onDemand.

There is a nice workaround though. You can create a filter that will show issues that are closed in the last N minutes and "External ID is null". You can then subscribe that filter to group every N minutes. It won't be real time but you can achieve near real time by giving a minute or so as the delay! Will that work?

Okay... this is strange. The filter will not save the clause:

and "External issue ID" is not empty

It parses it out of the rest of the filter criteria on save. Anyone?

Ok... thanks so much Jobin! Thought I was going crazy not being able to find the conditional thing. Filter solution seems like a workable solution! Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,331 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot