Notification at first step of Workflow ( through the workaround for notification per issus type)

M May 13, 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to use the workaround to notify per issue type( https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/How+To+Send+Notifications+By+Issue+Type) .

In my case, i will need to notify at the very first step of issue creation ( open for ex) mean that the notification must be send before the first transition...

Do you know if it is possible?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Yes, in the description of the workaround you provided, it is mentioned to do this in the Create Transition which is exactly what you want.

0 votes
M May 13, 2013

Ok, thanks, it is clear now, i'm going to try it.

Thanks again.

0 votes
M May 13, 2013

I surely missed something.

For me, i create an issue in the standard menu and press 'create' once i have filled the form. At this moment, issue is created and has the status 'identified' in the jira default workflow.

I need the notification here, at this moment.

thanks.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

When you create a new issue the Create Screen is shown. There when you click the Create button in that screen, then the create transition of your workflow is executed and there the event is fired which you want to use in your Notification scheme. So you need to follow the instructions provided by your link

0 votes
M May 13, 2013

Euh, no in fact, because i do not use the first transition 'create'.

The first step is 'open' with a 'identified' status in the Jira default workflow. And i need to have the notification at this first step, i mean once i have created an issue in Jira IHM, hope it is clear.

Thanks.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

hmm, First step is open but how do you get there.

Don't you use the create transition?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2013

Manu31 - yes, you do use the "issue create" transition. It might not land on the status "Open", but the transition is still there. All issues must be created, or, well, they don't exist at all.

If you're not using the create transition, then can you explain how you are creating issues?

I'm not clear on where you're wanting the notification either - is it on "create" or as you go from "identified" to something lese?

Suggest an answer