Not seeing an email on initial assignment of an issue

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

When I initially create and assign an issue, it is not generating an email to the 'current assignee'. In my notification scheme, I have setup the "Assignment Event" to notify the 'current assignee'.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

Seems to be working better in Jira 5.2.

0 votes
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2012

Jira fires notification events at various times: issue creation, assignment, resolution, etc but it does fire multiple notification events. I setup a notification event on assignment but not creation. So if you create a new issue and assigned it immediately then the current assignee would NOT get notified.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events